At Bouncing Bubbles we are following the guidance provided to us by the CDC and DHHS in an effort to keep everyone healthy and safe during this pandemic. As we receive updated guidance from these sources, we find that much of what they require, we have been practicing daily for years. Following are some of the health precautions we are currently using:
- Hands are washed upon arrival, before and after meals and snacks, after toileting/diapering, after playing outdoors and after coughs and sneezes. We use soap and warm water rather than hand sanitizer. Adults assist infants and toddlers with handwashing.
- Everyone 5 and older are required to wear masks in the childcare, except when eating and drinking. Masks are not worn outside, but we are requiring kids to stay physically distant.
- Parents who wish to drop-off or pick-up on the porch are welcome to do so with a notification to staff that they have arrived. Upon arrival, if another parent is already picking up or dropping off their child, parents are asked to wait until the home and/or porch are clear before entering. Hand sanitizer is available by the door for those who choose to enter the home.
- Upon arrival and throughout the day, children and staff are screened for signs or symptoms of infection. These include a cough, shortness of breath, fever (above 100.4), chills, body aches, headaches, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea/vomiting and diarrhea. Anyone who presents with any of these symptoms will be immediately isolated and sent home as soon as possible. Parents are expected to be able to arrive at childcare within 30 minutes if asked to pick up their child.
- Parents must notify childcare if anyone in their household is exhibiting the above symptoms or if they have been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 or exhibiting the symptoms of COVID-19.
- Seating at tables has been spaced out as much as possible and meals are currently not being served family style.
- Sleeping bags are being spaced out as much as possible and include a head-to-toe configuration.
- The practice of brushing teeth after lunch has been suspended at this time.
- Nonessential visitors are not allowed at childcare at this time.
- We are encouraging kids to physically distance from each other inside the childcare. With toddlers and preschoolers, this is not an easy task.
- Our regular practice of cleaning and disinfecting is being maintained. This includes high-touch surfaces as well as toys, games and books.
At Bouncing Bubbles we are going to do our best to welcome fall and this new school year with a positive attitude and the hope that everyone stays happy and healthy.